AGM17TH May 2009
I was eagerly waiting for this day. I shaved, yeah it was Sunday yet I shaved. It was an important day. The regular pyzama and Kurta was not ready for use, so I wore my short white kurta with khaki cargos.
Our block’s AGM for the year 2009 was being held for the first time in its history in the month of May. I was partly responsible for its timely happening as I was the treasurer of our association and was able to finalize the accounts pretty well in time.
Memory laneThe memory lane traveled to Jan 2008, when I got a call from the newly elected president (Sh. ML Dhawan Ji) of association requesting me to accept the position of treasurer. It was interesting happening for me. I remember that I just thought for a minute and accepted the appointment. It had so happened that the elected treasurer resigned before even looking at the assignment. Though I was surprised but felt proud for being remembered. I created lots of dreams for the colony and was really looking forward to contributing something to the colony which had given me so much in life.
However my motivation was very short lived, in all the executive committee (EC) meetings that I attended, there use to be only shouting, unnecessary debates and leg pulling. I was shocked and concerned and was not sure what was happening. Why such senior members were behaving like this. I don’t remember a single EC meeting which had discussed any purpose.
Certain senior EC members , though they were just few in (less then 1/3rd of 15 EC members) were able to hijack the meetings. These hijackers, M, M, M and M (S) (henceforth named as force or 4’s) were against any constructive activities and there sole aim was to create hindrances in the meetings. All other members were just unable to do anything. 4’s efforts were primarily against the P (President) of the association. Any initiative by the President was at their target. These 4’s were so powerful that use to shout, call children the headache and created all kinds of nuisances in the meetings.
January 2008 to December 2008 just passed like this, lots of EC meetings, 1 EGM and 1 AGM but all with no results and just criticism at its highest order by the 4’s. Of-course there was still a silver lining, the functions / festival celebrations of Holi and Independent days where the President took some compact stands with the support of some positive EC members and ensured that they were successful despite internal hindrances.
Things were just not happening. I remember it was January 01, 2009 when I was called by the President at his residence. He proposed that lets do at least one constructive work and after discussions it was decided to publish the directory of our block. The best part of this activity was that the sub-committee of directory constituted of members with none out of the 4’s being part of it. That gave all of us a positive sparkle for the first time. At the start itself we were hopeful of its completion. The convener of this committee, 82 year old gentlemen Mr. Dheer, was very encouraging and positive. His motivation at this age gave us a dimension to look at the look things differently.
This new task gave us a fresh lease of life and a reason to live for in RWA. We started with the first activity of collection of advertisements. Here came my fist biggest leanings of life. The basic team to collect the advertisement constituted of Our President, a very wealth person with all comforts in life but down to earth; the convener, 82 year old gentlemen and me. None of us had the experience to go out to people and ask for money. We had never done that, may be GOD had always been very helpful. But for the sake of our society we decided to venture into this area of collection of advertisements.
The results were amazing; it was the face value which helped us in seeking advertisements on first few visits. During first 4 days we were able to collect enough which was sufficient to bear the cost of printing of directory. I learnt how important it is to be helpful and positive with the people in our day to day activities. It’s important to have equity, a brand called face value. I was amazed to see the hard work and face value of our President.
Next few days we visited to those who were lesser known, here our patience was tested. My learning’s from life had begun, the President whose every minute was precious, sat so very patiently waiting for his turn to come. He would explain very minutely the purpose and the value of contribution. We were able to collect a sizable sum of money.
During this experience, I got the motivation and confidence and was able to ask for advertisement support from my known persons and booked the front, the back and few inside pages. It was all very thrilling and satisfying experience. I felt as if I have overcome the shyness and my biggest limitation in life. I had opened up. My inspiration was the President, who was a reflection of hard work, dedication and love. His patience; his passion; his love; his efforts to do something for the society was all that had resulted in advertisement collections. I now understood the reasons of his success in life. I could understand how a person from such a humble background had grown to be such a successful businessmen.
Its all hard work, sincerity, dedication and love that could make the difference. I understood how important it is to have a dream. Our Preisdent had a dream of having a good collection of money, of having a wonderful directory. His dreams, with his patience were paying off. Our main source of motivation our convener, whose presence at all occasions was very encouraging.
The task of compiling the information about the residents began and here came another young person, Amardeep Bindra, the member of the subcommittee, who put in his best efforts to compile the resident’s information as completely and accurately as possible. His passion and zeal for the work reflected his personality. I was surprised that being my immediate neighbor since childhood I have never known about this ability of his. I really had developed much more respect and understanding for him. Our convener in his acknowledgment mentioned that if the reins are given to the young persons, the growth is inevitable. I too believe it.
My office team supported the cause beyond their office hours. The family quotations, the final composition, verification, useful information compilation was done with great attention and care.
But the best was yet to come; it was our Publishers, a very young, innovative, different team of a husband and wife. I was surprised to see their dedication, creativity and commitment. The way they used the technology and published the directory in such a short span of time was a record in itself. These are the professionals who make such ordinary things look so very special. The directory being published was not something we were doing for the first time or it had any special information but it was done extraordinarily for a cause with so much love, affection and dedication that made it different, very different.
Another experience during the publication was, when a minister in the Delhi government refused to get a publication of her article in her capacity as a politician. All she wanted was to spread a message of love but as a normal human being. The message was again so very full of love and upliftment that you tend to believe that there are people who care for you. There are ministers who have this human touch, who want to travel beyond.
During the process the 4’s tried to create all type of hindrances but this time we were just prepared. Other likeminded EC members were of-course consulted. The General Secretary was very helpful during this entire process.
Finally the Directory was published; the final result was beyond expectation. Each and every page, every word was just emanating vibration, it was depicting the effort that had gone to create it. It was the result of our President, convener and the inspired subcommittee. His dream had come true; it was same as had dreamt of.
We all had lived for it.
In the AGM, the new elections were declared. MLD Ji had decided not to come again. I knew that our colony would be missing the character of a true and noble personality. His passion, his love for the people and his sincere efforts for the upliftment of the colony may not be missed by the residents immediately because of the negative dimensions created by 4’s but they are going to realize it soon the value of a great soul.
I was eagerly waiting for this day. I shaved, yeah it was Sunday yet I shaved. It was an important day. The regular pyzama and Kurta was not ready for use, so I wore my short white kurta with khaki cargos.
Our block’s AGM for the year 2009 was being held for the first time in its history in the month of May. I was partly responsible for its timely happening as I was the treasurer of our association and was able to finalize the accounts pretty well in time.
Memory laneThe memory lane traveled to Jan 2008, when I got a call from the newly elected president (Sh. ML Dhawan Ji) of association requesting me to accept the position of treasurer. It was interesting happening for me. I remember that I just thought for a minute and accepted the appointment. It had so happened that the elected treasurer resigned before even looking at the assignment. Though I was surprised but felt proud for being remembered. I created lots of dreams for the colony and was really looking forward to contributing something to the colony which had given me so much in life.
However my motivation was very short lived, in all the executive committee (EC) meetings that I attended, there use to be only shouting, unnecessary debates and leg pulling. I was shocked and concerned and was not sure what was happening. Why such senior members were behaving like this. I don’t remember a single EC meeting which had discussed any purpose.
Certain senior EC members , though they were just few in (less then 1/3rd of 15 EC members) were able to hijack the meetings. These hijackers, M, M, M and M (S) (henceforth named as force or 4’s) were against any constructive activities and there sole aim was to create hindrances in the meetings. All other members were just unable to do anything. 4’s efforts were primarily against the P (President) of the association. Any initiative by the President was at their target. These 4’s were so powerful that use to shout, call children the headache and created all kinds of nuisances in the meetings.
January 2008 to December 2008 just passed like this, lots of EC meetings, 1 EGM and 1 AGM but all with no results and just criticism at its highest order by the 4’s. Of-course there was still a silver lining, the functions / festival celebrations of Holi and Independent days where the President took some compact stands with the support of some positive EC members and ensured that they were successful despite internal hindrances.
Things were just not happening. I remember it was January 01, 2009 when I was called by the President at his residence. He proposed that lets do at least one constructive work and after discussions it was decided to publish the directory of our block. The best part of this activity was that the sub-committee of directory constituted of members with none out of the 4’s being part of it. That gave all of us a positive sparkle for the first time. At the start itself we were hopeful of its completion. The convener of this committee, 82 year old gentlemen Mr. Dheer, was very encouraging and positive. His motivation at this age gave us a dimension to look at the look things differently.
This new task gave us a fresh lease of life and a reason to live for in RWA. We started with the first activity of collection of advertisements. Here came my fist biggest leanings of life. The basic team to collect the advertisement constituted of Our President, a very wealth person with all comforts in life but down to earth; the convener, 82 year old gentlemen and me. None of us had the experience to go out to people and ask for money. We had never done that, may be GOD had always been very helpful. But for the sake of our society we decided to venture into this area of collection of advertisements.
The results were amazing; it was the face value which helped us in seeking advertisements on first few visits. During first 4 days we were able to collect enough which was sufficient to bear the cost of printing of directory. I learnt how important it is to be helpful and positive with the people in our day to day activities. It’s important to have equity, a brand called face value. I was amazed to see the hard work and face value of our President.
Next few days we visited to those who were lesser known, here our patience was tested. My learning’s from life had begun, the President whose every minute was precious, sat so very patiently waiting for his turn to come. He would explain very minutely the purpose and the value of contribution. We were able to collect a sizable sum of money.
During this experience, I got the motivation and confidence and was able to ask for advertisement support from my known persons and booked the front, the back and few inside pages. It was all very thrilling and satisfying experience. I felt as if I have overcome the shyness and my biggest limitation in life. I had opened up. My inspiration was the President, who was a reflection of hard work, dedication and love. His patience; his passion; his love; his efforts to do something for the society was all that had resulted in advertisement collections. I now understood the reasons of his success in life. I could understand how a person from such a humble background had grown to be such a successful businessmen.
Its all hard work, sincerity, dedication and love that could make the difference. I understood how important it is to have a dream. Our Preisdent had a dream of having a good collection of money, of having a wonderful directory. His dreams, with his patience were paying off. Our main source of motivation our convener, whose presence at all occasions was very encouraging.
The task of compiling the information about the residents began and here came another young person, Amardeep Bindra, the member of the subcommittee, who put in his best efforts to compile the resident’s information as completely and accurately as possible. His passion and zeal for the work reflected his personality. I was surprised that being my immediate neighbor since childhood I have never known about this ability of his. I really had developed much more respect and understanding for him. Our convener in his acknowledgment mentioned that if the reins are given to the young persons, the growth is inevitable. I too believe it.
My office team supported the cause beyond their office hours. The family quotations, the final composition, verification, useful information compilation was done with great attention and care.
But the best was yet to come; it was our Publishers, a very young, innovative, different team of a husband and wife. I was surprised to see their dedication, creativity and commitment. The way they used the technology and published the directory in such a short span of time was a record in itself. These are the professionals who make such ordinary things look so very special. The directory being published was not something we were doing for the first time or it had any special information but it was done extraordinarily for a cause with so much love, affection and dedication that made it different, very different.
Another experience during the publication was, when a minister in the Delhi government refused to get a publication of her article in her capacity as a politician. All she wanted was to spread a message of love but as a normal human being. The message was again so very full of love and upliftment that you tend to believe that there are people who care for you. There are ministers who have this human touch, who want to travel beyond.
During the process the 4’s tried to create all type of hindrances but this time we were just prepared. Other likeminded EC members were of-course consulted. The General Secretary was very helpful during this entire process.
Finally the Directory was published; the final result was beyond expectation. Each and every page, every word was just emanating vibration, it was depicting the effort that had gone to create it. It was the result of our President, convener and the inspired subcommittee. His dream had come true; it was same as had dreamt of.
We all had lived for it.
In the AGM, the new elections were declared. MLD Ji had decided not to come again. I knew that our colony would be missing the character of a true and noble personality. His passion, his love for the people and his sincere efforts for the upliftment of the colony may not be missed by the residents immediately because of the negative dimensions created by 4’s but they are going to realize it soon the value of a great soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment